This graceful Spanish Renaissance building has presided over Beverly Hills' civic life since 1932, when architect William Gage designed it in the government style of that era. That is, it has a low classical base, which symbolizes government. Its domineering eight-story tower represents commerce. But its beautiful tiled dome and gilded cupola soon transcended the typical government building. Today, it has become a much-loved local landmark. It was renovated in 1982 to meet new safety and earthquake codes and expanded to meet the needs of the city's growing population. However, the building's rich architectural interior and exterior details were carefully maintained.
455 N. Rexford Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210